Thursday, June 30, 2011

4th of July weekend

I must admit, I have no awesome plans for this weekend, other than relaxing, shopping and spending some awesome time with my little boy and my husband.  I am excited to enjoy time with my kiddo for four days in a row (since the hubby has to work all four days I am off - boo)!  I have a three day weekend due to the holiday, but am also taking the 5th off to go to a doctor's appointment and to finally get my drivers license (after living here in Colorado for 6 months)!

In amongst the errands, we will find some time so see some fireworks, play in the backyard with Xander's pool and water table (while momma catches some sun), make some yummy food and also let Xander do a few small fireworks like some smoke balls, snaps and snakes.  I will try to take some pictures to document the weekend but it should be a good one regardless.

Sleeping in, no set schedule.....that is my idea of a nice long weekend!  I can't wait for it to start.  Is it only Thursday?

It's a little strange not having my family in town to do anything with as we always got together on the 4th of July with my side of the family back home and always had an awesome time!  I love doing fireworks and watching them go off in the neighborhood around us.  I guess the fireworks laws here in Colorado are more strict so we probably won't see as many big ones in the air, but I am sure it will still be fun. 

I do have a to do list about 5 miles long also, but I am going to try and prioritize what I want to get done the most so I don't feel like I am working all weekend and not having any fun.  I want to get some things done while also enjoying myself so I think I should start on my list tonight and tomorrow night so I don't leave it all for the weekend.

Happy 4th of July!!

No comments:

Post a Comment