Monday, March 28, 2011

A skinnier me?

I am ready.  I had my personal training session on Saturday at our new gym and yesterday, Todd and I went for a hike with the kiddo.  Both good workouts as I am super sore, mostly in my legs and butt.  It feels so good to work out again.

I am also eating better already and want to continue doing so.  We have bought a whole lot of healthy foods and our fridge and freezer are stocked.  Now I just have to choose to eat only the good stuff and in moderation.  My problem is, I eat too much.  Period.  It is hard to cut back because I end up feeling hungry all the time but I am determined.

30 pounds.  That is the goal.  In the last year I had lost almost 30 but gained some back.  I am still down overall from this time last year but want to lose more and make exercise a regular part of my life.  I realize I won't always be able to eat perfect, but if I do my best most of the time, the exercise will help me at least maintain once I am done losing.  I know I have to eat clean for quite a while in order to lose the weight I want and I think that will be the hardest part.  Once I get going working out and get in a routine, it is a lot easier.

My dilemma is, do I do only cardio at the gym, only weights, both?  What do I do at home on days I don't want to/can't make it to the gym?  I am struggling to find a routine that will work.  I guess I can keep switching it up but just don't what direction to go in.  I think as long as I keep moving, that is key.  I need to stay up off my butt more to burn more calories and lose more weight.  That is hard with a desk job, but can be done.

I can't even imagine what I will feel like if I lose 30 pounds.  It will be nuts!  I will be near the smallest I have ever been and I think I will feel amazing!  I can't wait for that feeling so I wanna get going in a hurry.  I am at the point I wish I could work out twice a day just to lose weight faster but I don't know if it's possible without giving up a ton of sleep and getting sick a lot.

For now I just need to do the best I can and prepare as much as possible for meals, snacks and workouts so I am not caught off guard too much.  That's all for now.

2 comments:

  1. I have similar hopes goals..and while I probably NEED to lose 30 lbs, I'd be happy with 20 at this point. I'm done about 4-5 since February but I keep getting stuck. I'm thinking about a goal of running every night this week...so far I'm 2/2...but my right quad is sore, so we'll see what happens tonight. Honestly, at 5pm after a full day of work, the last thing I want to do is run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - a bunch of typos in my comment...clearly not paying attention... that should say "I'm DOWN 4-5lbs since Feb..."

    ReplyDelete