Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Balance

I'm not doing so well finding it.

This has been a tough last two weeks and it will probably get harder before it gets easier.  I am exhausted and I feel like I have at least 2-3 more months of similar work hours/stress before it will get better.  I know I will end up super sick if I'm not careful.

I am just going to do the best I can to try to keep my stress in check and to get enough sleep.  I feel like all I have done for the last week or so is work and sleep.  It's kind of sad. 

I just want more time with my baby so no matter what, this weekend I won't go into work like I did last weekend and I will take very little, if any, work home with me this weekend.

I'm excited for what might happen with my job but unsure and also stressed.  I think exercise would probably help but I am so exhausted and nauseous feeling every night that it's the last thing on my mind.

I think I am going to try to make a plan this weekend for the next several weeks and try to set myself up on a good schedule so I feel in control.  Also, I need to make serious to do lists so nothing falls through the cracks as they easily could since I am so distracted.

It will all be over eventually, but for now I have to take it one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I've been in that position so many times throughout my career. I feel for you. When my guy was little, I'd try to come home at the end of the day, spend as much time as possible with him and then once he was in bed, I'd do what work I could from home. I always feel, it's better to be at home putting in the overtime than stuck in the office away from my family. This can be distracting, but overall, it works for me.

    As for exercise - even if you can only fit in a quick walk at lunch around your office building - it's better than nothing at all. It will do your body and mind good to get away from the chaos if only for 20 minutes.

    I agree, lists will keep you sane.

    Remember - your family is the most important thing in life and career is second. You can have both and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

    Good luck (*hugs*)...I'm here for you if you need to vent.

    ReplyDelete