Saturday, September 24, 2011

I can do it!

Going to the doctor yesterday and finding out my newest A1C value (6.2% -thankyouverymuch) makes me feel like I can do it!  It's not easy and it's certainly never fun, but I can do it.  I can be healthy and happy and take good care of myself.

I am constantly learning about my disease and how it is always changing and how what I eat, how stressed I am or how other things can all affect me.  I think I will always be learning. 

I feel good about where I am except for one thing.  My weight.  My doctor basically gave me permission to up my dose of one of my medicines and it should help me lose weight.  I am not sure why, but I am a little hesitant to up the dose, only because it is sooooo expensive.  I guess I have to look at it this way.  Would I pay $100 a month for a weight loss pill that ACTUALLY worked?  Oh and had other positive benefits to my body also?

Anyway, this is where my head is at now.  Feeling pretty good despite the extreme stress I'm under at work. I keep telling myself it's only temporary - because it is.  I will survive.

No comments:

Post a Comment