Monday, September 12, 2011

9-11

I know I am a day late, but wanted to post what I feel about yesterday.

I remember where I was when I heard about the attacks- I think most people do.

I was working a temp job at an insurance company in Lincoln, NE at the time.  I was 18, almost 19.  My life was not what I wanted it to be then anyway and this event made me even more confused and unsure of life.

I remember someone I work with telling me what happened and then we all got up and went to the TV in the break room to watch.  I just couldn't believe it.  How could something like that happen?

I also remember walking out of that temp job shortly after that happened (within a few weeks).  It was all too much to deal with and the job wasn't something I wanted to do long term anyway.

It's weird because even though I remember hearing about it for the first time, I really don't recall much about it from the weeks and months after it happened and looking back now and some of the pictures and stories, they amaze me because they are the first time I had heard or seen them!

What also gets me is that there are people out there who think it was an inside job.  How can you think our government is so evil that they would do this to their own country?  Sick.  But what's funny is when I hear people say stuff like that, I want to look into it and see why they think it was an inside job and what 'evidence' they supposedly have.  I would need to read a lot more about the logistics before I could ever say for sure, but for now I refuse to believe that nonsense.

Anyway, my heart goes out to all who were affected by that awful day and I hope nothing like that ever happens again.  I will never forget about that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment