Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What a week!

It's been one of those weeks already!

I was sick last Friday with a stomach bug and haven't felt 'right' since then. Todd has had a nasty cold for a few days too.

Then my daycare lady texts me in the middle of the night Sunday saying her kids are sick. She then calls in on me for today also. I understand that kids get sick, but she wanted to charge me for both days even though she couldn't take my kid. I wouldn't be bothered if she called in but didn't charge me. If I have to take my kid somewhere else, then I have to pay double! I told the lady that it was time for us to put in our notice as she asks for three weeks. She got all mad at me and told me she was offended! She said that her other parents were supportive and that she didn't need someone making her feel bad. But I had to make a decision based on my own needs and the needs of my family. I have to have reliable daycare and she just wasn't reliable enough. What's sad is that she was nice and I think she was nice to my son, but we've had more than one issue with her and it was time to move on. I won't go into the other issues but it was enough to make the decision pretty easy.

Luckily I found a new daycare right away. Xander will start there tomorrow and I'm hoping he does ok with the change. I am sure he will but it was an abrupt cutoff for him so I'm hoping he's not too confused or upset.

Ugh. That was not fun as the lady was clearly not happy with me. I tried not to let it get to me and I had to look at it somewhat like a business decision because Todd and I both work pretty demanding jobs and need to have reliable daycare. The new place has longer hours too so that is good.

Hoping the rest of the week goes better!!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, that's too bad, but don't beat yourself up over it. You are right - it's a business decision and it's not your fault she runs her business badly.

    Xander will be okay - kids are resiliant that way.

    I hope your week gets better for you and that you also start feeling better.

    ReplyDelete